Thursday, November 13, 2008

How I Learned from My Ipod

I'm at a lost this week for overseas subjects to expound upon. While much of my time has been centered around sociology, any ideas discovered therein are not yet fully developed to put into theories. Instead I will make reference to lessons learned from my latest toy, my Ipod.

My birthday occurred this week, a momentous event as I grow closer to the point in one's life where one does not divulge one's age on birthdays. I asked the parentals for an Ipod, a Product Red Ipod, and indeed this was my present; a slick little thing that when I first held I could have sworn I was going to lose it was so flat and small. It was a perfect present because it will be perfectly useful for my soon to be life in an American world.

It's easy to go green. I'm all for green; going green is a new fetish but more then anything I desire to go Red. I wish for humanity to take a vested interest in overseas issues such as AIDS in Africa or Islam in Asia. The emergence of Product Red has shown me that despite everything, Americans do care and this delights my little nomadic heart. My delights are increased by now being able to expand my knowledge through books on CD, or should I say audio books since CDs are no longer necessary, all uploaded and waiting for me to enjoy while I live my life. If those two bits of knowledge weren't enough, I can now enjoy BBC Podcasts in the morning. It's such a delight to hear my friend on BBC from bygone days, droning on in my ears about world affairs while I slip my coffee in Islamabad. It makes a person feel so connected to the rest of the world.

1 comment:

amy ellen said...

Grace, you have got to be kidding me saying you're close to the age where you cannot divulge your age. You must think I'm ancient. Get serious! :P