Sunday, May 30, 2010

How Sabbatical Ended

I wanted to title my post...I'm back...but I'm not entirely sure I'm fully back yet. I think I'm back because I've graduated...I'm not killing myself taking an unreasonably heavy course load, and towards the end EMU put me back in touch with my inner TCK. To be completely honest, I actually tried very hard to join the Mennonite world while at EMU but found it difficult indeed and thus decided to only partly self-identify with this social justice inspired denomination. I'm a TCK, and I will invest entirely into my TCK world...because...just because. I'm back from the dead of college which when completed in three years like I did, can suck dry your very soul. Finishing college means I can probably get back overseas too, and continue learning how to live overseas, obviously.

And so I'm back in DC for the summer to finish out some final requirements for my degree, do and internship with an NGO, and pretend to figure out what to do with my life...because that's what's college graduates have to do...figure out what to do with their lives.

No comments: