Thursday, April 11, 2013

This post is for the Year of the Dragon



Farewell Year of the Dragon. Thank you for being such a wonderful year for me. However, happy third and final New Year on the Cambodian calendar. Happy Khmer New Year! It's officially the Year of the Snake. I hate snakes. If I think about them too long I have nightmares the following even. I don't relate to the folklore of the Naga and I don't really understand why the zodiac couldn't have "year of the giraffe" or "year of the bird." However, I will accept the limitations of my cultural understanding in this regard. Happy Snakes people! It's a new year and we shall seize it with gratitude.

Despite the snake, despite my superstition about odd numbers, with joy and anticipation I look ahead to the this year. Where will I welcome the coming Year of the Horse? You and I will both discover. 

No comments: